Jan 20, 2013 NYC
It was a short trip to NYC to renew our passports. We missed our flight on the 16th and the next flight was booked in the next morning. The reason is we did not have boarding pass printed out earlier and the system cannot check us in. I was pretty angry when talking to the airline personnel.
"It's still 50min away before the flight took off". She can't do anything as the computer system is setup that way. This is the payoff when I booked with this budget airline.
I was mad that I have wasted my tickets to the opera show, the phantom of the opera, a show that I am eager to watch. My head was rushed with river of blood with edging to explosion. I watched the sensation closely. i tried my best not to react to it. couple hours have passed before I can start to enjoy my day off. Frankly I can't do anything at that point and have to accept it. I actually felt good about how I handled it. Sze is cool and she went to bed right after we got back to our house. If I was with my mom and family, they would raise the voice and kept on reacting to such a situation. I was brought up in that type of environment. To go against the flow is like swimming upstream. It takes effort to not think of it. I will need many practices to get good at handling this situation.
On Friday afternoon we took a train to visit Sze's guqing teacher house in Rahway New Jersey. I am always excited to meet a teacher. Someone who i think he/she is good and I long for to learn something from. I got to know that she and her husband were in fashion design business and quitted the business. Hearing the difficulties of surviving and maintaining the gourment business and the stress to compete with others. Through listening to other stories, I get to understand how fortunate I am until now. My currents job is good. We were exchanging ideas on meditation. She has recently experiencing some meditation in her community. Then she met us and we talked about vipassana meditation. It all happens with the law of attraction. She plays little viola and she combines it with guqin in her music. It is an inspiring trip. i want to keep spending time to write my journal, do my yoga, read good books, get good at trading, experience life and being responsible.
Namaste.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment