Jupiter Road 4/17/2013
It is a breezy morning. On my way to work today, I saw two horses are helping each other to groom. It is charming picturesque! This happens in a small horse farm in a crowded neighborhood on Jupiter Road. I drive by this farm everyday on my way to work. Each time I have different perspective when I see the horses. They all are busy with eating, resting, running around or on-training. One time, I have stared at the white horse and wonder how handsome it looks. When it only allows to run within the small field, I sympathize for their natural ability to run for miles each day. I wonder sometimes why somebody would keep a horse farm in this neighborhood!
Today, it is an utterly surprise. A white horse and a black horse are standing very close to each other. The white one is licking the hair on the neck of the black horse. They both show strong affection during the grooming. The black horse is wagging its tail while receiving the care of its buddy. The scenery shows the love of the animals. It's a joyful moment. It reminds me of the total opposite reflection of the bombing event in Boston happened on April 15. How crucial human being can harm and kill each other ? Is it because everybody has different believe and ego to think what they did is right ? Why hatred is so much imprinted on human mind ?
I have a cat at home who likes to groom himself frequently. He can groom for hours sometimes which I think is quite too much. I felt bad to see him doing it just by himself after witnessing what I see this morning. It'd be perfect to have two cats at home so that they can groom each other. I learn from reading an article that cat likes to groom each other in particular to the area one cannot reach like the head and ears. Feline makes sure they look good with free of dust throughout the body. If I ever have a chance again, I will adopt two kittens from the very beginning. For now, what I can do is periodically brush his head, ears and body. He really gets excited and purring whenever he gets patted and brushed.
No comments:
Post a Comment